- We read the Recess Queen which helped us have a discussion about rules of the playground, bullying and friendship.
- During math time we worked on brainstorming all the ways we use math in our day, we completed number sequences and finished a journal page reviewing counting money.
- One activity we learned during morning meeting was called "Aka Baka Soda Cracker" it sounds silly but it got us moving!
- We practiced our first fire drill and once we heard the alarm noise it wasn't so bad.
- To help us practice our classroom expectations we created a RESPECT chart that we will review all year long.
- Writing time was filled with thinking of a topic we know a lot about and then getting down on paper! We also worked on creating an acrostic poem based on our names.
- We drew a hope or dream we have for ourselves this year in second grade!
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Our first week was one filled with lots of discovery, fun and learning. I have listed below a few of our highlights: